An NMSDC Partner Program
The Emerging Young Entrepreneur (EYE) program was created in partnership with McPherson|Berry to support a commitment by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) to advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to corporate members. EYE will provide the next generation of minority millennial entrepreneurs to support the needs of members, MBEs and additional stakeholders.
Get notified for the 2020 cohort!
Investing in the Next Generation
of Minority Business Entreprises
of Minority Business Entreprises
More About the EYE Program
EYE is an intensive business and experiential development program designed to provide blueprints to millennial entrepreneurs; whether at conception or during emerging phases of business ownership. Learn More
Investing in the Next Generation
EYE will provide the next generation of minority millennial entrepreneurs who will support the needs of corporate members, MBEs and additional stakeholders.
EYE Program Benefits
The opportunity to network with thousands of corporate executives and procurement professionals.
The EYE Program provides a customized recipe for creating and sustaining a successful business.
Upon completion, EYE participants are ready to apply for certification and becoming an active participant in their local council.
Not the Average Take-Away
The opportunity to be mentored by corporate leaders and minority business owners that will share best practices and blueprints to create a successful business.
Strategies to increase your business growth and excel in your industry.
A ready-made network to explore potential opportunities and unparalleled business knowledge.
2017 EYE Program Highlights
2016 EYE Program Highlights
EYE Program Testimonials
What Some Of Our Past Participants Had To Say
This has been an amazing experience. The organizers, Connie and LaSonya, have proved to share a wealth of knowledge. But not only that, they are willing to share that knowledge with participants as well as make key connections. The program has opened our eyes to how real the demand is for our business, DiversityPhotos.com. Now it's just up to us to perform and follow through with organizations.Gerald Carter Co-Founder & COO, Diversity Photos
Since beginning this program, I have begun working on a distribution center in Cleveland. This will provide jobs in a community that I love & eliminate the middle man in my business and increase my margins by at least 30%. It has been a dream, but it is now becoming a reality to me.Phoebe Lee President, VDP Safety & Uniforms Ltd.
The EYE Program was the jumpstart in confidence I needed to know that there's a market for my business offerings and that I am the right person to bring my vision to life. Providing the logistical information to doing business at a large level eased some anxiety I initially had when setting my goals for this business back in 2016. I'm confident 2017 will be a big year for my company and a large percentage of that has to do with the contacts made and guidance received during the program.Jasmine Clark CEO & Millennial Strategist, YVOLVE
Great way for minority millennial SME to learn about the system opportunity and growth.Monica H. Kang Founder & CEO, InnovatorsBox®
The EYE Program is an amazing opportunity for any entrepreneur interested in learning more about procurement, and MBE Certification as a resource for business growth. All EYE Program participants were successful entrepreneurs before joining EYE, but they are now better equipped to scale with corporate partners due to the personal introductions that the EYE Program made. The EYE Program is a stellar platform from which entrepreneurs are positioned to succeed within NMSDC and beyond.Ana Bermudez Founder & CEO, TAGit
I met some incredible people that I still talk to outside our calls. We encourage and motivate each other on our business ventures. I honestly expanded my family and network base.Fredrika Atkins Atkins Staffing Agency
I greatly appreciate LaSonya, Connie, and Beth’s leadership, motivation, encouragement! Thank you for creating this EYE community. I felt pretty isolated working on my business and the EYE program energized me greatly!Nancy Jia President, Jia International, LLC.
The EYE program is a great opportunity to grow your business with business owners that are just like you. If you're a business that has made a few gains but is looking to take your company to the next level, this program is for you.Jaymie White Founder & CEO, Global Diversity News
Have A Question? Check Out These FAQs
- Minority college students (Junior – Graduate students)
- Minority individuals 19 - 35 years old with a business idea or current business owner
- Participants must commit to attend all program activities onsite and virtually.
- Have an innovative business or idea that is STEM related and serves B2B
- Not currently NMSDC certified
- Innovative STEM related businesses
- Seeking Technology firms
- Entrepreneurs or startups that can solve current business, community, or life challenges (B2B)
- A 12 month long program
- Includes 5 days onsite during the NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange
- The participants are engaged in at least 2 virtual sessions per month to continue the development and track progress
- Aspiring entrepreneurs learn the 5 key areas of running a successful business
- Understand the needs of businesses and organizations to build innovative solutions
- Increase the participants’ business acumen to help millennials start, grow, and succeed as small business owners
- Provide high potential minority millennials professional development and access to business leaders
- Build a pipeline of certified minority businesses
- Provide corporations and MBEs access to high potential minority millennials
- There is no cost to be in the EYE program
- The participants are expected to make an investment (time and resources) in their business.
- Participants must cover their own travel (transportation, lodging, etc.) expenses for onsite sessions.
- You have until August 3, 2018 to apply.
- After the initial screening of the applications, participants will be selected to move forward to be interviewed.
- The maximum number of participants that will be selected to join the 2018-2019 cohort is 25.
- A strategic partner for program development, facilitation, and management
- An award winning HR firm that develop leaders and organizations.