An NMSDC Partner Program
Applications closed for 2016Click button below to be notified when accepting applications for 2017
The Emerging Young Entrepreneur (EYE) program was created to support a commitment by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) to advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to corporate members. EYE will provide the next generation of minority millennial entrepreneurs who will support the needs of corporate members, MBEs and additional stakeholders. EYE is an intensive transformational learning and development program designed to provide blueprints to millennial entrepreneurs, whether at conception or during emerging phases of business ownership to outline realistic next steps to developing a sustainable business and maximizing business growth opportunities with special interest in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Q.Who is eligible to apply?
- Minority college students (Junior – Graduate students)
- Minority individuals 19 – 35 years old with a business idea or current business owner
- Participants must commit to attend all program activities and provide the necessary feedback after the commencement of the 12 month program
- Have an innovative business or idea
Q.What type of businesses are considered?
- Not currently NMSDC certified
- Innovative businesses
- Entrepreneurs or startups that can solve current business, community, or life challenges (B2B)
Q.What is McPherson|Berry's role?
- A strategic partner for program development and management
- They developed and facilitate the program
Q.How long is the program?
- A 5-day program that occurs during the NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange
- The participants are engaged pre and post conference to continue the development and track progress
Q.What are the program objectives?
- Aspiring entrepreneurs learn the 5 key areas of running a successful business
- Understand the needs of businesses and organizations to build innovative solutions
- Increase the participants’ business acumen to help millennials start, grow, and succeed as small business owners
- Provide high potential minority millennials professional development and access to business leaders
- Build a pipeline of certified minority businesses Build the NMSDC brand awareness in the millennial community Provide corporations and MBEs access to high potential minority millennials